Is This Service Right For You?
“Out of the Box” is a new, innovative “do it yourself” design service we offer for those that may not want the full RSVP hands on approach but still want a tailored professional design. If you have questions about this service, please feel free to call or email us. We would be happy to explain further!
If you are on a budget, have a do it yourself approach, or just do not have access to exceptional design where you live, “Out of the Box” Design Concepts is the ideal value driven option for you. It also makes a great gift for family and friends!
What do I get? What do I do?
So, what exactly is it? The RSVP team creates a design concept including everything you need to make your dream room happen.
What “Out of the Box” includes:
- You will receive your very own working project binder that you can easily take on shopping trips. Included in the binder will be the following:
- Concept & photos of furniture, accessories, draperies, bedding, & lighting options (all selections are online or locally available to you)
- Floorplan, elevations, renderings, etc.
- Fabric & paint samples
- Resource page complete with where online or locally to purchase the selected items
- Budget page with detailed information about line item costs
All of this is sent to your home in a beautiful RSVP chocolate brown presentation box, conveniently meant to keep all of your project paperwork together. Pricing for room packages start at only $800 for a complete bathroom redesign.
What we need from you:
- First, start by filling choosing the type of room that you want designed. You will be asked which rooms you are wanting to design and given choices for your budget so that we know where to shop. During this step you will also answer questions that will help us know what style(s) you prefer.
- Next, you will be directed to a page to send payment, available securely through PayPal, for your selected rooms.
- After we receive the questionnaire & payment, we will ask you to take photos of all 4 walls, ceiling, and floor in the room (make sure to take photos of the complete wall, side to side)
- Now, you will take photos of items you want to keep and incorporate into the design. You will also need to take measurements of the pieces we are to work with.
- Probably one of the most crucial steps is to measure the room. Click here for helpful tips on measuring accurately.
- Now that you have all the work out of the way, you will send us 5 inspirational photos (usually from magazines or online) that best demonstrate the feel you want for the room.
- You can either send all of this through email or snail mail it to our office. Although, email is a lot faster and means we can start working on your box sooner!
When do we get started?
As soon as we receive payment, your completed Design Style Questionnaire, and all of the necessary information, we start working immediately. Usual turn around is only 2 – 4 weeks per room.
Where does all of this take place?
What is so great about this concept is that the majority of communication is done via email, and makes for a stress free process. However, once you receive your “Out of the Box” Design Concept, you have the choice of either creating the room(s) yourself, or you can contact RSVP to start an implementation phase where we work with you until the room is complete. Although, the concepts are designed to be easily implemented by yourself right out of the box and no matter where you live!
Why would I do this?
This is a great way for new clients to see what it’s like to work with RSVP without a large commitment. It is also a great way to get that RSVP Design Services look on your own time and on a flat fee. Now, if you are more interested in custom designed pieces this is not the best way for you to work with RSVP. We can offer custom designs and give you more one on one time through our more traditional design services.
So, if you would like to get your own “Out of the Box” Design Concept, fill out the Design Style Questionnaire and you will be on your way! Again, if you have any questions about this DIY service, please feel free to call or email us!